Saturday, January 24, 2009

PVC Pipe Storage Shelf for Storage Tubs


My uncle sent this web-site to me, and when I saw it - I knew. I knew, this was just what I needed. (http://studio5.ksl.com/?sid=5148165&nid=61)


A lot of my tubs are for holiday things, which I only need to get to twice a year (taking out and putting away). For those, it's not as big of a deal if they are just stacked on top of each other. But, for the kids clothes storage, I am in those a lot more often.


I figured, if I'm going to make one, make one big enough for all of them. So, we are making one 5x5, for 25 tubs.


To make it even easier, my husband used his chop-saw instead of the PVC pipe cutter. This hand tool will get the job done, but it is a lot of cuts, and your hands would get very tired.


I'll post a picture of the finished project.

4 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

fabulous!!

Kent said...

Betty and I were considering building one for our house. I would be really interested in seeing your finished product.

wahab said...

Free Tattoo Removal, Designs & Ideas tattoo removal scars cosmetic lip tattooing best Aztec tattoos. Man with van provides Removal Services at Cheap Moving rates.
Storage Preston

Unknown said...

This is a very creative and efficient idea for using PVC Pipes in the Philippines to build a shelf.