Friday, January 30, 2009

Amazing Story

I just read this amazing story. Likely, many of you who blog a lot more than I do are already familiar with it. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"In August 2008, a small plane crashed in St Johns , Arizona . It's the type of story that makes the local news and not much more. The plane held three occupants: a pilot and a young married couple. The pilot, Doug Kinneard, died the next day. The young couple was badly burned. The husband suffered burns over 30% of his body. The wife, 80% of her body.

"But the surviving victims of this accident were Stephanie “Nie” and Christian Nielson. “Nie” is a popular LDS “mommy blogger," with a devoted following across the Internet. She was known for her public declarations of affection for her beloved husband, known to her readers simply as Mr. Nielson. She was considered a bright spot to many. Her blog, NieNieDialogues.Blogspot.com, was full of optimism, love, and adoration for her four young children. She helped her readers appreciate motherhood and see the joy in the challenges it presents."

To read the complete article: http://www.ldsmag.com/exstories/090130nie.html

I added their blog to my other interesting blogs list.

I'm sure you will be as touched as I was.

2 comments:

Kent said...

This is an amazing story. I read your blog entry and looked at some of the videos on Youtube. It is evidence to me that people can have a positive influence through blogging, and that people still care about one another.

Thank you for sharing it.

Renee said...

Thanks for sharing this story! I really enjoyed reading more about it.