Friday, January 23, 2009

I LOVE Early Church

This year, it is our ward's turn to have 8:30 a.m. church. I used to hate this time. It meant no sleeping in. But, children change things, and since there is no sleeping in anymore anyway, this is my new favorite church time.

The differences are especially apparent coming from 12:30 p.m. church. On that schedule, I never felt like Sunday was a "day of rest."

Now, we get up, go to church and are home with a good part of the day left. This schedule also doesn't interfere with any naps or meals for the kids. I usually finish the things I enjoy doing on Sunday's by early afternoon, and I have been wondering, "now, what do I want to do?"

It is also a lot easier to fit in FHE on Sunday. During the week, the after school/before bed-time is so tight, FHE is hard to do.

For this year at least, I feel like I have at least a partial "day of rest" and it isn't as much of an oxymoron.

I have discovered at least one down side. By 4:00, the kids are whining about how bored they are. During the week, when they are bored, I offer some chores, or homework they can do. I'm going to have to come up with some Sunday appropriate activities they don't want to do to help then figure out how not to be bored (or at least not tell mom you are)

No comments: